Friday, December 26, 2014

Notes in Nusa Dua on Xmas Day

Today is Christmas Day. I'm typing down this journal entry on the beach in Nusa Dua. This is my fifth day in Bali. Of course I haven't met X yet. No man has approached me here except for Balinese street vendors.

There are many things I can write about Bali but not so much about the people. At first I found them cute and warm, but really, they're not that different from those Southeast Asians smiling to get sympathy points and extra tips. I find their hospitality quite similar to that I came across in the Philippines, Malaysia, and Thailand.

But the nature and art are a different story. I took a sketching lesson yesterday at my hotel and it was an eye-opener.

I will put together some more organized entries after the trip. Right now I just want to explore the deep sadness in me again. There are so many happy couples and families wherever I go, which is why no man would talk to me here. I wonder how those women get there, as in this point in their life. I can't even imagine making travel plans with my man, not to mention an overseas travel plan, not to mention an overseas travel plan with our children for the holidays! I feel so distant from what those women have. The sun is setting and Merry Xmas. I wish Santa can bring me a miracle this year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home