Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Encountering the Stardust



These are the paintings I worked on over the past couple of Saturdays. The first one was inspired by the short piece "Encounter" I wrote back in high school; the second one was inspired by the movie Stardust, which I watched again for the 5th or 10th time a week earlier. Before I went to the artists' cafe, I cried for at least two hours at my apartment. I cried out loud, because I was missing Baby. I had lunch with my parents at their apartment that afternoon, and somehow the image of Baby walking to the bathroom door waiting for me before she passed out came to my mind, and I simply couldn't stop my tears. I cried so hard and so long that afternoon that I passed out in my bed and napped for an hour. It was Baby's last goodbye, and I was the only and last person she saw before she lost her consciousness. She struggled so much to walk to the bathroom from our bedroom to see me. I'm crying out loud and my tears are pouring down as I am typing this...

So after I woke up, I decided to paint Baby, and hence the unicorn, a carefree girl with a book, waterfalls, and a shooting star with stardust. I intentionally not to draw a star but a heart instead as the star because in the movie, it's the happy heart that shines. No broken heart can shine; in other words, stars are in fact warm, loving, loved hearts.

One of my classes tonight was postponed so I decided to go to the movies by myself. I had dinner and then Haagen Dazs ice cream alone, and then I saw Frozen. Before the movie started, they were playing the trailer of Winter's Tale, and I cried just seeing the trailer. Frozen also made me cry a lot. I felt the complete loneliness of Elsa; I also felt the instant connection that Anna had with Prince Hans at the very beginning. I just don't think Prince Hans should be the bad guy. Disney movies are getting a bit more complicated than before. I also don't like the fact that Elsa hasn't ended up with any man. I thought Kristoff was going to fall in love with Elsa...

At the cinema, almost every girl went to the movie with their boyfriend/husband. I was the only person going there alone. The movie has so much love. Love can thaw the ice. Love creates so many miracles. How do I give love to myself if I'm always alone? Where is my love? I miss Alex so much. I wish I mean to him as much as he does to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home