Sunday, December 22, 2013

Everything in life is meant to take you somewhere.

On Thursday I had an extremely fancy French dinner with a great looking guy that my aunt tried to set me up with. It seemed that this guy had no interest in having a relationship at all but he gave me a set of two VIP tickets to the Cirque du Soleil.

Those two tickets are worth $400 so I decided to cancel my work on Friday night to see it. I called Alex and invited him. Originally he had plans too with the toastmasters but he managed to rearrange it so we went.

I put on a little black dress by French Connection and he was looking sharp in his suit as always. We couldn't help but smile at each other as soon as we met up at the metro station.

First, he said he was going to show me something before the show. We went to a cultural creation site to a bookstore. Inside of the bookstore, he found a cafe where people can paint while having coffee. I felt extremely touched because he knew I like to draw an he found a place for me to draw. I like how he remembers all these small details about me and surprises me like this. When I mentioned those things to him I never had the impression that he'd remember them by heart.

I told him that I wasn't able to paint anything at that time so we left. The store manager complimented how good looking he was. In fact, I do think we're compatible in many ways, including our physiques. My cousin and my brother think we look quite alike, and our heights are proportionate; I'm 5'6 and he's 6'3.

Then we went to the books section. We were goofing around different sections of books. But I was feeling so hungry so he took me to dinner.

He took me to a famous local Austrian restaurant. We were the first customers because it was only 5pm. As we were waiting outside for it to open, I mentioned again that I love rainy days. Rainy days are romantic because all the most romantic scenes in movies and TV take place in the rain. He asked if my dream marriage proposal would take place on a rainy day and I said "that sounds nice." He continued, "he'll have to carry an umbrella and kneel on one knee in the rain." I replied, "yeah but then we'll throw away the umbrella and just kiss in the rain."

We had a lovely time at the restaurant. He researched in advance their menu so knew exactly what to order. He sat next to me and occasionally he put his left hand on my knees and thighs. We talked about so many things, everything in life. After the long, slow dinner, we took the metro to the circus venue.

When we were walking together, he'd hold my waist or my shoulder. I enjoyed it and felt tingles every time he touched me. Our seats at the circus were amazing. They were the third row and everything was right in front of us. We even had access to the VIP room with free food and drinks during the intermission. Throughout the show, he was holding me with his left arm; sometimes our faces touched, and sometimes he put his arm around my knees if his arm was tired. At one point, we turned to our left and saw one of the audience perform. He put both his arms on my arms and his face right next to mine. It felt like we were a couple. It was also the first time that I could watch a show while leaning my head on the man's shoulder. In the past, when I went to the movies with a man, if I laid my head on their shoulder, they wouldn't put their arm around me. We took pictures together during the intermission and it felt as if we were a couple.

At the end of the show, tons of paper butterflies were released from the air. I screamed because I have never been so close to a stage to be poured down by those paper snowflakes. The lights went out and I said to him, "I've never had so much fun in my entire life!" He snapped a picture of me with his phone. I put a golden paper butterfly in my bag and I saw him put one in his pocket too. Then we walked to the metro station. We held hands twice tonight; once during the intermission at the VIP lounge and once as we walked past the concession stand on our way out of the venue.

When we got there, he pulled out another Godiva chocolate bar from his pocket. I felt completely surprised. He said because I told him that my niece and nephew ate most of the biscuits he gave me the last time, he got the same flavor of chocolate for me again. I looked at him, frowning a bit, feeling so touched. We hugged and I had to leave soon because I had to work the next morning. I looked back at him after I entered the station and he was still there smiling at me. I kept walking before I started to feel sad.

After I got home he told me via text that he wouldn't let me go if I didn't have to work in the morning. I felt so sweet upon hearing that. He gave me his VIP gift to me because I liked the gift so much. It was an Ovo egg shape light that changes colors. I put both lights on my nightstand and showed him the picture. He thought the eggs cute together and asked me to keep the egg for him. After I got home, I also put the tickets and the paper butterfly in the same drawer with the Godiva chocolate biscuit box.

*******************On Saturday********************

We hung out again on Saturday evening. He was going to take me to the movies but there were no good seats so we first walked around, got food, and then tried to find a bar we liked. Eventually we ended up at China Pa. Where life takes you is such a mysterious and powerful thing. Soon after we sat down in our booth, a man was planning a secret proposal to his girlfriend at the bar.

It was my first time ever to witness a marriage proposal. I'd seen tons of proposals on TV and cried tons of times but never once in real life. The man already planned things through with the band on stage and the bar. The live band was pretending to pick a random person from the audience to go on stage, but in fact they chose the girlfriend. They put a blind to cover her eyes. Our booth was on the second floor so we could see the boyfriend with a huge bunch of flowers and a glittering sign with the girl's nickname on it. Her nick name is Little Flower. I felt so excited and Alex took me to a spot with a better view. They took off the blind from the girl, and the boyfriend was down on one knee and reading a letter he wrote to her. I cried as I listened to it because it sounded like their love was unconditional and persistent. It was so romantic. Alex thought the guy reading from the script wasn't good enough and if it were him, he would easily remember the whole thing because he was saying from the bottom of his heart and look into the girl's eyes while delivering the speech. I teased him and said "well you're a toastmaster! Maybe this guy is extremely nervous and as long as the script is sincere, it'd be enough."

After we returned to our booth, I cried again upon recalling the marriage proposal. I told him that no one had never said those things to me before. He said, "of course no one has otherwise you'd be someone's wife by now."

As the band continued to sing really poppy songs, we both sang and danced along. We had tons of fun. He hugged me. Sometimes our faces were really close to each other and we stared into each other's eyes in silence a few times. At one point I laid my head on his chest for a long time, and he put his head on top of mine. He held me tight. I just loved the feeling of being held and feeling secure in someone's arms. Then he started to kiss my neck.

A while later I burst into laugh because I was feeling so nervous. He asked me why I was laughing and I told him I was nervous. As our faces got even closer, we kissed. He was a gentle kisser who seldom uses his tongue, but of course our tongues touched from time to time. We kept kissing for about an hour in our booth. It was so gentle and soft and I felt completely relaxed. I knew his girlfriend situation but I really just wanted to seize the moment. We were meant to be at the bar. We ran into a marriage proposal; it was my first time seeing a marriage proposal in real life. I cried. These felt like signs from the universe for us to be together. I just wanted to follow my feelings and forget about reasons.

I paid for the check at China Pa because he has bought my so many dinners and chocolates already. We kissed again at the entrance but apparently we didn't want to say goodbye there. I proposed we take a walk so we did. We were holding hands and he quoted from an ancient poem again about how the chilly winter wind sobered him up. His alcohol tolerance is probably lower than mine, which I find incredible.

When we reached the big intersection where both of us could get into a cab and head home in different directions, we stopped and kissed again. I felt uncomfortable because too many cars were driving by so we moved to a darker corner. First, he held me up trying to guess my weight, and he was damn accurate about that. We continued to kiss and hug. He told me he could just kiss me all night. He also told me another fun fact that human beings need 4 hugs a day to survive, 8 hugs a day for maintenance, and 12 hugs a day for striving and growth. I replied, "if that's the case, I would have been dead by now."

We alternated between kissing, hugging, and talking about ourselves. I told him that the very first time I saw him, I could feel insecurity in him and I wanted to know what he was insecure about. I said he was trying to hide his sensitivity and femininity through building up his muscles and he said I was almost right but it was also because he just quit his job by the time we met at the Red Room. He told me he had a young girl's heart and I replied, "just like me!" He kept asking me why I thought he was insecure and I kept saying I could feel it. I whispered to his right ear that I could also feel he was a nice guy the very first time I talked to him. He said sometimes he was too nice, although I wasn't exactly sure if someone can ever be too nice.

It was 3am and we really needed to go home. He offered to give me a lift with his cab. Our fingers interlocked in the cab. He asked me what I was insecure about. I said, "I know what I'm insecure about but I can't tell you."

When we arrived at our place and got out from the cab, we kissed and hugged again. I turned around and looked at him again as I walked into my building, and he was there again smiling at me. I didn't look back at him again because I was afraid of feeling sad to see him leave.

******************Today********************
At night, we had a text conversation. I told him that "the truth is...I'm afraid that I'm not a loveable person and that's the biggest insecurity in me." He replied, "ohhh you are loveable! a bit weird XD but you are adorable!" I felt so touched that I almost cried at the text message.

Cato and I once debated about what love is. He said he once made out with a girl who was a really good friend of his. At that moment, he just wanted to hold her in his arms forever. I want that. I want to be held in someone's arms forever. That's what love feels like.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home