Wednesday, November 20, 2013

The universe has a plan.

Do you believe in destiny?

Destiny is a weird thing. Last night I went to my other usual bar in the city. It's a British sports bar but I think it's utterly American. 

I have never been to that bar on a Tuesday night. In fact I have never gone out on a Tuesday night. But I just went to that bar after work on Tuesday. I arrived at around 9pm and I had never been to the bar so early in the evening because of my work schedule. I went in, and all my favorite tables were occupied. I decided to sit at the bar for the first time.

There was a really good looking guy sitting at the bar. I sat down a chair next to him. The bar had a promotion on Tuesday nights. Tuesday nights are pastas nights. You get buy one and get one free on all pastas. Unfortunately I was alone so I couldn't share the deal with anyone. I decided to ask that single guy next to me.

He told me he was full, but then told me that I should just order anything I wanted and he'd buy me a drink so it was like a half priced deal for me. I was surprised and said thank you. That was how we started our conversation that lasted past midnight.

His name is JC, from the City of Angels. He's 35 years old, has a 45-year-old girlfriend for one year. The most interesting coincidence on Tuesday night was that he looks very much like Ken. His looks, facial expression, and body language all reminded me of Ken. His age, and his height too. Then I told him about Ken, and showed him our last text messages to each other. Then I remembered that I mentioned in that one last text that I am a virgin but it was already too late.

I was like, ahh never mind. This guy has a girlfriend, lives in the City of Angels. There's no way we'll see each other again anyway. Why not spit the whole truth about myself?

So the great conversation continued. He told me he had a really good female frienid Pansy whose relationship with him was very much like my situation with Ken. They had been friends since they were 11 and he knew that she liked him. He also said I looked kind of like Pansy too. One day he got drunk and hooked up with Pansy but then he wasn't ready so they decided to remain friends, even though he did like her. Then the girl was dating a new man who is now her husband that she's getting a divorce with. JC did another drunken move with the guy and things got awkward so he and Pansy never talked again.

Another interesting coincidence was that JC also made out with a girl before without kissing her at all. It was his only experience like that in his entire life and I was shocked because I had never heard anyone who made out with someone without kissing on the lips.

We moved into the big talk on emotional triggers, chemistry, romance, family, fear of intimacy, my childhood, and everything. I haven't been able to do that with anyone since Rain. Before Rain it was 
Greg, PB, and then Eric. Every time when I speak the whole truth about myself to someone, they always go away, despite the intense attraction they feel for me.

The night with JC was very emotionally intimate, and we agreed that we'd never see each other again. After the bar, he walked me to the subway station but then I found out I missed the last train so we went up ground trying to get a cab. I said to him, "The only reason you're opening up to me is because you know you'll never see me again." He actually held my hand for a few seconds when we were crossing the street.

I got on the cab, about to leave. He asked, " Wait, are we really never going to see each other again?" I looked at him with a smile, and replied, "I don't know. What do you think?" He didn't know either. I proposed to meet at the bar at the W hotel the next day or to give him my phone number. 
Finally he decided that ask for my email. He also paid for my cab ride with extra and asked me to buy him a drink next time. I said to him' "Sure but make sure you ask me out!"

Serendipity is such a mysterious thing. What is the universe's plan for me? Who is JC? Why did we meet? Is he going to email me? Are we going to see each other again? This reminds me of a short piece I wrote when I was 18...

http://cozyrainyday.blogspot.tw/2013/09/i-havent-changed-at-all.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home