Wednesday, February 19, 2014

A Mirarcle

As Valentine's Day approached, my anxiety heightened. Last Wednesday I received a text message from Alex telling me that I was a nice girl and I deserved someone better. I told him that I was no longer 13 and I deserved to know the truth. So he told me that he just still loved his girlfriend. It happened an hour before my lecture and I totally freaked out. I recorded a short voice message swearing and yelling anger and another text message with almost ten F words. I cried and screamed before I went to my lecture. It hurt so fucking bad because no one could ever love me and I started to believe that I was just an unloveable person.

That night I went to OT alone and had a beer and fries. My tears just rolled down from time to time, until the bar was about to close and I was all by myself. Before I went to OT I called Jeffrey but he didn't answer. Then he texted me that he'd grab some pizza and have it at my place the next day.

On Thursday, Jeffrey and I met at my place for pizza. It was our third date and I really couldn't feel it. He continued to touch me here and there or held me but I couldn't see myself kissing him at all. In the end I felt angry because he touched my breasts when I was on the phone. I felt completely miserable and upset at my situation because the next day would be Valentine's Day and I was really giving up.

On Valentine's Day at around 12:20am, this guy named Michael texted me. He's one of the teachers at my school but we had never met in person, nor had I heard of him. But a while ago, those high school kids told me that he admired me and would like to ask me out for lunch. Eventually I gave him my LINE ID through one of the students in that class. He never texted me until now.

We texted for the first ten minutes but he would to talk on the phone so we did. The conversation ran on for two hours or more in the middle of the night. He was surprised that we could talk so much as two strangers. And he chose Valentine's Day because he had no one else to talk to. We decided to go on a date after work that evening.

We first met up in front of the Apple Store and rescheduled the movie tickets to 11pm. He took me to BLT for dinner first and we started chatting. He's a bit awkward. For starters, he speaks the truth, and I love it because it's easier. He likes bar seats and sometimes he stands as he eats. It's funny but dorky in a good way. He complimented my smile all the time.

After dinner, we went to the see the movie Winter's Tale. I booked one ticket for myself on Thursday because I was all ready to see a romantic movie by myself on Valentine's Day. I saw the trailer of Winter's Tale when I went to see Frozen by myself a while ago. I cried just watching it's trailer so I promised myself that no matter what happened I would see this movie on Valentine's Day.

To be continued....


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home