Sunday, February 23, 2014

A Miracle - continued

So when we were on the phone, Michael offered to go to the movie with me after knowing that I'd be going there alone. He felt surprised that I was also the kind of person who'd go to the movies alone like himself. During the movie, he barely touched me. I freaked out a couple of times as Russell Crowe's mutant face and he held my hand briefly, and that was it.

After the movie, it was around 2 a.m. We walked and talked and were ready to get a cab home. While getting into the cab, he said to me that he haven't felt like "wow" with any girl since Yvonne (his ex). On the cab he first asked me something that I couldn't understand so I asked him to be straightforward. So he rephrased, "I'm begging you not to date other guys." I felt completely shocked, and a bit embarrassed in front of the cab driver. I asked him, "so are we boyfriend and girlfriend now?" He said, "Honestly, I've been scared since Yvonne. I know there must be some dark side of you and so do I." I replied, "Well, I'm terrified too. But what should I do (if we're not bf and gf)?"

We didn't reach a conclusion before parting. The next day, he asked me to see his band practice and I agreed. He also sent me a song called "Running Around in my Dreams" by Tyrone Wells, which I have listened to repeatedly over 20 times. Before heading to the studio, we grabbed a beer and talked at a gentrified art gallery--let's call it HS. He told me everything he wanted to say to me was already in that song. This time he officially asked me to be his girlfriend, and now I was the one who was shocked. You see, I had always been the one who wanted to commit while the guy didn't want to commit to me. Now I had commitment from a guy on the table and I panicked a bit, but I didn't freak out. I put my terms more straightforward and said that I wanted to have marriage and family. And he said, "yes". Now I felt even more awkward because this had never happened to me before. Then I had to tell him the last weak spot in me. I confessed to him that "technically, I have never done it." He was surprised and asked, "how is it possible?" I said, "it's usually this one thing that makes every man break up with me." He didn't understand why so I explained, "well, men usually feel more responsibility for taking a girl's virginity. Also virgins are more emotional, clingy and needy." He said, "I am just like that."

Then he confessed to me how happy he was right now. He also thought that I could be the one to "save" him. I told him that "nobody could save anyone. Only you can save yourself." But even though that was what I thought it should be, I just felt that love is a really powerful thing. If I can save him, why not? Why would I deny my ability to save anyone?

He asked me to kiss him so I did gently, once, on his lips. Then we started to French kiss really passionately. It felt incredible, especially magical. There, I told him that "you are just as crazy as I am." It made me wonder what the universe had in mind this time, bringing me the best Valentine on Valentine's Day in 2014, after I had been hurt and burned repeatedly and lost everything. I am also afraid, and so is he, that this fairy tale bubble might burst.

His band practice was amazing. He's the lead singer in a band, and there were a guitarist, drummer, and a bassist in his band. Watching them practice and listening to my favorite type of music in the world--alternative pop, made me realize how lucky I was and how powerful every human being could be. There are so many powerful individuals living their life to the fullest and discovering the beauty in their inheritance. Where was I all these years? How did I miss out all these inspiring people while growing up? Michael is an amazing singer by the way.

Another thing that really impressed me was that before his band practice, Michael had been teaching for 11 hours that day, and he had to sing for another two hours until 1 a.m. I know very well that it would be impossible for me to do that because I'm really nonathletic. After his practice, he took me to a dim sum place. There we talked everything about our families and childhood. We realized we were born under the same star (his words). Both our moms are teachers, and our dads financiers. We both grew up in high-tension environments with bipolar and even violent fathers so we've become extremely good with languages and words. Both our aunts are English teachers. We like the same music. We do a lot of similar things and we have the same job. It's really magical to meet a male version of myself (or a female version of himself). We kissed in public here and there, and I told him that I loved PDA. At first he was shy but now we just kiss and hug wherever we go.

To be continued...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home