Monday, August 9, 2010

Loner.

It's been about 5 days since I arrived in the City of Power. Issues revolve housing again. Somehow I always have some bad luck when having roommates. This time my going-to-be roommate rented out the bedroom to someone else although she promised me first. Oh well, she and her new roommate are my colleagues so what can I do about it? I can take it personally that she doesn't like me as much as her new roommate, but I don't really give a shit to them.

This makes me recall that last time when I had housing issues I met Ivan. However, this time, I am not seeking any help because this is American individualism. I have dropped a single tear since I left home, nor at the airport. I do feel lonely and miss my dog, but I insist not to cry.

There have been quite a few social events. I have met more than one hundred people during the past 2 days. But then, I still get this feeling of distance from whatever it is. It's just that, people meet people for the sake of money, but when you truly need help, you have nobody. You're a loner after all, even if you have hundreds of friends on Facebook because you know Facebook is only for networking and showing off instead of a place where you share anything true about yourself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home