Saturday, March 7, 2015

Bars

Why do people come to bars? Most single (solo) people here are phubbing through their smartphones. They don't really initiate conversations or socialize. Surrounded by this crazy heavy beat music, people in the 21st century still have failed to blend in the group. They're lonely, and alone. That's why they seek comfort in their phone. Even people who came with friends are phubbing as well. What's wrong with the world, our world?

-A random note I took at WB

I miss Ken. I cried so much again thinking about him. I spent more than three hours at WB tonight and no one came to talk to me, on. Saturday night. Maybe I don't give off the vibe that says I wanna hook up so guys didn't even bother. But I feel so lonely that I want just some random conversations with other lonely strangers; it didn't even need to mean a thing. I guess I still seemed too smart even when I was all blushing and dizzy; I even won all the scramble games when I was feeling so dizzy.

I wanna live in my imagination where Ken and I are happily married. We're always there for each other and he always says sweet things to me. Why bother living in the reality where there's so much pain? People just don't like me no matter how hard I try. I tried to be stupid, easy going, and even forced myself to be around people I didn't like or wasn't familiar with, just for the sake of "fitting in" and "networking". It didn't work; it never worked. People have never liked me genuinely. Only some guys were fascinated by me but it didn't last. I think, I miss, I cry, I dream. That's pretty much all I do I my free time these days, which actually makes me love my job even more because I get to meet all these talented minds and feel so confident about myself on the stage. I also enjoy hearing my own voice on the stage. I guess that's a good thing that I love my job--I don't feel I'm working when I am working. Isn't that everyone's dream these days?

1 Comments:

Blogger Ann Bennett said...

Bars can be the loneliest places on Earth. If I could live my life over, I would have worked at Little Theatres and the like. When I was younger and worker, it was too time consuming. Now that I am older and have some free time, I have met so many people with these pursuits.

March 21, 2015 at 6:20 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home