Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Bad, very very bad

After my evening lecture, I went to the bathroom and dropped by iPhone 6 in the toilet. I was distracted by a 15-year-old student who loves talking with me and forgot to take the phone out of the pocket before I took off my pants. After I took off my pants, I heard a sound of something falling. My phone popped out of my pocket and flew directly into the toilet.

I took it to an authorized repairer but apparently this was my problem and I could only pay $450 for a refurbished model. After I got home, I did some research about some reliable repairers in the city, which will be the first places I'll be visiting tomorrow morning.

All of a sudden, I am overwhelmed by stress, frustration, almost desperation. What am I doing? What was I doing? Why am I spending so much money lately? Why do I feel so tired and avoidant about work? I actually had a great time at work tonight and felt good about my lecture. But a disaster followed. What is the universe's message for me?

I shouldn't further upgrade my VIP package to the Backstreet Boys' concert? (This morning I sent an email to the organizer asking if I was able to pay an addition $250 to upgrade my VIP package from Gold to Platinum and they told me to give them a call.) I don't deserve having so much cash with me? This is going to be a bad year? I am careless and irresponsible? I should start being harsh on myself again? I've been too lenient to myself lately? I cried a few times on my way home.

But as I really think about it, it's mostly about the money. If an unauthorized repairer is unable to fix it, I'm not sure if I can still send it back to an authorized repairer to get a refurbished one. Everything on my phone has been backed up in cloud so I'm not too worried about it. Yes, the bottom line is the money. But I still feel something else. It must be my over-reliance on it. I sleep with it, eat with it, go to the bathroom and take a bath with it. It's pretty much my life. I was phone-less for just a couple of hours and I was panicking already. Since when have we human beings become like this?

There are other things that overwhelm me, but this is the final straw that crushes me. I'm gonna have another good cry, get up early tomorrow, and get this phone fixed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home