Wednesday, October 8, 2014

There?

A few days ago I tried to call Jes on the phone. I've got two of his numbers; the first one didn't ring at all and the second one forwarded me to the voice mail which seemed to belong to a name I didn't know. That's it. My last connection to Jes is gone. I will never know where he is or what he is up to. Although this is supposed to be the case, I can't help but feel tints of sadness at heart.

I've just got the iphone 6. The 128 gigs. After using my iphone 6 starting August 2010, it's nice to finally have an upgrade. It was impossible to update any apps in iOS 7 on an iPhone 4. on the other hand, my iPhone 4 went through everything in my life since I moved to the City of Power. I plan to use this new phone for another four years as well.

Last night I had great dinner with our grad school Alumni network. The food was amazing and I got to know some people more and more people. The alumnus that hosted the dinner was recently relocated here with the embassy. He's a father of four sons, with the oldest one being 16 and the youngest one 6. Then it got me thinking, if I want to have four kids with that kind of age difference, it seems impossible by now. Even if I popped out a baby today, I'd still be 40 when my fourth baby popped out, which is unlikely. I don't see myself taking care of a teenager at the age of fifty something, although my parents did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home