Sunday, September 21, 2014

Army of Angels

It's a song from No Sound Without Silence. I must say this album is so amazing and the Script is still my number one.

When love’s a battle
And life’s a war
When I just can’t go on fighting anymore
When I’m surrounded
And they’re closing in
When I feel the bullets graze against my skin

This world’s a warzone
And I’ve got a shield
And I won’t surrender
Cause your love feels like an army of angels

Dear X, I always thought that when we finally met, everything would be OK. But now I realize the problem that runs in my family will require an army of angels. I'm afraid I'll never be financially ready for our family. Perhaps we should give up the idea of having kids together? The total wealth of my entire family combined is below the individual average wealth here. I'm in the very low rung of the social ladder, which makes me less fit to procreate. All the good guys I admire are way beyond my league. They make more money than I do, than my family do. They will only go after girls of the same or higher social status, just like how Ken chases after Louise, the heiress of a multi-billion corporation.

I really don't want to cause you burden. I really hope to be debt free when we get married, but it seems so unlikely now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home