Tuesday, April 1, 2014

The Rain, the Kiss

A couple of weeks ago, one of my former students asked me out for dinner. I was still dating Michael back then and I never thought it was a date. For starters, this student never contacted me after he finished my class last November. He last wrote me an email about a month ago, telling me his admission to one of the prestigious MS programs in software engineering as well as his interviews with Google. He expressed his gratitude for my help and would like to stay in touch. We connected through LINE and a while later he would like to have dinner with me some time.

A Sunday evening date 3/30/2014

Sean is five years older than me. He took me to a nice Swedish restaurant and brought me Lindt chocolate bars from Switzerland, one of which had my favorite strawberry. Our conversation was flowing continuously for 9 hours, from 6:30p to 3:30a when he dropped me home. He shared his experience about his interviews and work, while I talked about random facts that I've observed in my life and surroundings. I felt comfortable talking to him about brainiac things because he's one of the few people in the world who can immediately understand what I'm talking about. He also listens carefully without interrupting. After midnight, he took me to another bar because the restaurant was closing. Then we continued to share more personal things.

He seems to come from a fully functional and loving family. His communication with his parents is much better than me and my family's. I've always wanted to be with someone who grew up in a loving family so he doesn't attack verbally or physically. He has a great personality that he seems calm and rational all the time, but he isn't afraid of sharing his feelings too. Yesterday he texted me saying that he felt really comfortable talking to me. And when I talked about how gullible I am and how I was lied to by so many people in the past, including my current boss, he thought I was like a little girl and couldn't resist getting closer to me. He liked my innocence and he thought it was quite magical. That was why he kissed me in front my apartment.

I dodged when he was about to kiss me for the first time. I had to speak my truth. I told him that he'd be moving away soon and I didn't want things to be so complicated. So he hugged me and I melted into his shoulder for a while. We moved to another corner and then he still kissed me. The most magical thing was that it began to rain as we kissed. There were lightnings too. It was the first time when I kissed in the rain, and you know how much I love the rain. In the middle of it, I paused and crossed my arms over my chest. I said, "now you have to explain this. I date people only with marriage on the table. So now what? Are you gonna take me with you?" He said, "are you coming with me?" I said, "Sure I can." He asked, "What about your job?" I said, "I'll just blow it." He smiled and continued to kiss me. I felt sad for a few moments because I was afraid he was just another player. I kept saying to him, "you're a player!" He suddenly sounded like a child and said "no I'm not." He wanted to move it to my apartment but I insisted not to. He was afraid that people could see me since I'm a bit recognizable but I didn't care. Eventually we got cold in the rain and had to part.

My love life is more dramatic than How I Met Your Mother, and sadly, I don't like its grand finale. I cannot believe that Barney and Robin got divorced and Tracy died young. Barney got a love child and Robin was still alone and focused on her career. I was prepared for 40 minutes of tears of joy but I felt shocked for most of the time. Nevertheless, I want my belief to stay with The End of the Aisle. There will be a happily ever after.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home