Sunday, April 6, 2014

Can I make it?

As of right now, I am suffering from a panic attack that I might not be able to make it. I feel like I'm dying. I am no longer productive at work and I sleep 12 hours a day. I continue to procrastinate work and reason with my feelings.

I had a great evening with my students tonight. We practiced some problem sets and then talked about relationships. They're a group of highly intelligent students aged between 20 and 28, which is quite closed to my age. I feel like I can connect with them easily.

I ran into Michael at work yesterday. I just came out from my lecture with high levels of serotonin in my body, so somehow I just smiled at him like when we were beginning to date, as if I could run into his embrace. And then I remembered that it was over and I started to feel awkward, so I pulled out my phone and looked at the text messages. I was hoping I talk to him in private for a while before he left but unfortunately one of the staff was talking to me about work so I couldn't leave with Michael.

Seeing him caused me so much pain. A few minutes later, he sent me a text saying that I looked smart and pretty. I simply replied "thank you." Today, he sent me a short recording of a conversation between him and his student about a HIMYM episode where Lily moved in with Barney for a while.

I don't know if I can keep doing this. All the men come and go. Nobody is there for me. I don't know if I keep supporting myself. I want to run away, right now. That empty space in my heart just doesn't go away, after years of soul searching and self help. What should I do?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home