Wednesday, September 28, 2011

The City of Money

The City of Money is irresistible. I must relocate there soon.

The new season of How I Met Your Mother is also irresistible. "Timing is the bitch," says Robyn. The first episode kind of gets to me when Ted thinks he's believing less and less every day. This is exactly what's happening to me now. I used to be such a romantic girl who dreams and believes in everything yet now I just find myself 3 years ago amusing and stupid.

Me and Cato hung out a lot during our business trip to the City of Money. We got to know each other better and I'm quite surprised knowing that he, as a highly intelligent and successful 22-year-old man, is actually not very happy. In fact it's not that hard for me to figure him out because we have a very similar background--went to elite schools since kindergarten and pressured to excel by our parents. But his situation is worse because his family has too many overachievers while I am the only overachiever in mine. He was also very surprised by my perceptiveness. Anyway, we had fun during this trip; our conversation on the train reminds me of the opening of Before Sunrise.

I am feeling less insecure now. Indeed, I feel quite secure because I have let go of all the expectations. I will care about Cato regardless and I believe he's interested too. Let's see how things go and if he's a jerk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home