Monday, January 14, 2013

World Filled with Love


"I'm a young heart living in a world filled with love so when teardrops fall from me like rain from above, I can brush my troubles away, know that deep down inside I've got sunshine in my life."

Can a man and a woman be just friends? Based on the most recent episodes of How I Met Your Mother, I believe the answer is no. Neither Ted nor Barney could be "just friends" with Robin.

January 13, 2013 was one of the most beautiful days in my life. Eric took me to two beaches near the City of Gold. A week ago when we talked on the phone about sightseeing nearby, he told me that we'd have to play by the ear because it really depended on the weather. Then I checked the weather forecast; it said it would be sunny for the entire week except for January 13. It was forecasted to rain. However, the weather changed for me. In the middle of the week the forecast for Jan 13 was changed to super sunny and no clouds. Today the weather was really amazing, and the beauty of the ocean was ineffable.

On our way there, I said, "I have a question for you but you can't think before you answer. You have to give me the answer on top of your head. If there were no tomorrow, where would you take me?" He said almost immediately, "the same place I'm taking you now. Because I've always wanted my ashes to be spread in the ocean, if I died tomorrow I would want to be on the beach." I said, "I'm the same. The ocean soothes me." We spent the whole afternoon on two different beaches and the sunset was simply speechless. I took off my shoes twice and ran in the water, got my feet frozen and jeans wet but felt so exhilarated.

Then he took me to a wonderful Burmese place for dinner. At the dinner I told him today was one of the best days in my life. He nodded and tried very hard to suppress his tears. After he dropped me off at home, we talked for another while and my tears were pouring again. After getting home, I continued to cry for a couple more hours. Life may be happier if there were really no tomorrow. If there were no tomorrow we would stay on the beach forever. There would be no reality, no his girlfriend, no pain, just the present moment of extreme happiness, a rare scene of the natural beauty, and the sunset. It was so obvious that Eric thought about and planned the day for me. The last time someone ever did that for me was probably Ivan for my 23rd birthday; he learned to make a dish of my favorite and of course I cried.

I must continue to believe there is a guy out there who will make a better day for me; he will take me to the two beaches in my dreams that I have never seen before. And he will do whatever it takes to be with me and make me happy day after day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home