Sunday, December 23, 2012

Kiss Freeze Over

I met Cole a couple of days ago through a mutual female friend Kat. He comes from a very well-off family and is highly intelligent, educated, and arrogant. He is in fact very much like Richard. We hung out with Kat on Wednesday night and I was quite irritated by this guy because a) he's so arrogant and self-absorbed, and b) he is not really a gentleman, not very comparable to Ken. Actually, I'm not so sure because Ken has been a jerk from time to time. Somehow Cole's flight got cancelled on Thursday so we hung out again on Friday night with Kat for dinner and drinks.

Apparently Kat was very into Cole and they were flirting a lot whereas I was just being myself. We went bar hopping and eventually landed up at a pricy bar in downtown where I've been a few times but never liked. A couple of old, married (which I didn't notice until some time later), boring men came to talk to me and I was stuck in the conversation. I got tired of the conversation so I introduced those two guys to Cole and Kat and moved myself to a corner against the wall. Cole started flirting with me and kissed me on my cheek. Then another guy next to us began to pick on Cole and we almost ended up with a fight. I was terrified and fortunately the bouncer kicked the guy out, but I didn't really recover from the fear until a few hours later.

Then Cole took us to another champagne bar with more civilization. He and Kat were still flirting and it seems like Kat's sister Jennie, whom I've known since 2006, also likes Cole. But Cole refuses to date her because she's older than Cole and she dated Cole's friend for a long time who was mentally deranged and sloppy. I wasn't paying too much attention to their conversation since I was still very caught up by what happened at the previous bar.

After champagne, Cole was trying to get us cabs. I went to the restroom and when I came back Kat was gone already. Suddenly Cole became much more gentleman than before. He opened the door for me and asked me how I was feeling. I said I was still feeling quite shocked of what happened because that was the most violent thing I ever came across in this country. He said it wasn't even close to violence and held my waist and hugged me. And then, he kissed me on the street. After the first kiss I asked, "what was that? I feel so surprised!" We looked into each other's eyes for a while and then he kissed me again. After the second kiss, he asked me, "how do you feel now?" I said, "now I just feel confused." He asked, "you feel a different kind of shocked huh?" I nodded. He said, "good." Again we looked into each other's eyes and I smiled and asked, "what?" And we kissed for the third time. After that he said, "you're just drunk." I denied, but I was quite tipsy last night.

After one year my kiss freeze is finally over. Before Cole, the last guy I kissed was Cato. I think Cole kissed me because we both knew we'll probably never see each other again as I am moving back to the City of Rain and he was flying back to the City of Gloom, where he's from.

Even though my kiss freeze was over, I wish it was ended by someone serious about me, someone like Ken. Perhaps under the mistletoe, on Christmas Eve. Ken is back to the City of Rain for the holidays and I will be alone in the City of Gold. Another Christmas in solitude.

I recently found a new hobby--ice skating in the downtown of City of Gold. Today I went there to skate for the third time in my life and I think I can ice skate now. I love the view of the highrises from the ice rink at night because all the buildings are decorated with lights. I also love the feel of wind and speed on the rink.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home