Sunday, October 14, 2012

Trust My Intuition

I've been suffering from anxiety for 2 months now. I went through tons of struggle trying to convince myself that my worry is not validated but finally I realized my intuition was right at the very beginning--my boss is a charlatan. He lied not only to clients but to his employees as well. Now I simply do not trust anything he tells me; however since I'm stuck with this job at the moment I have to continue to lie to my clients. When I say "lying" I mean a big fat lie. If I'm trying to sell something that costs $5 for $100, I don't consider it lying; what I'm doing for my job at the moment is a really huge lie that makes me feel so anxious and uncomfortable. My boss gave me a piece of really valuable advice about lying--you have to use your intelligence to make others believe in what you say. I enjoy pitching ideas to others but using my intelligence to lie to others is simply wrong.

Recently I've also developed a few symptoms of depression, including overeating, skin problem, and hurting myself in small ways. I was depression-free for almost 9 months and I really don't want to go back there.

At least I am on the right track of getting away from my situation. I've been applying to new jobs and next week I will have two interviews. Moreover, I have just taken a tutoring job for 3 hours per week. That money will be enough to cover all my food and commute expenses every month because it will be paid in cash and free of tax. I believe something good will happen to me soon.

However, there are still some upsides; I have learned many things:
1. I should always trust my intuition because it's so sensitive and accurate.
2. Never trust anyone easily again; in the corporate world there is no one to trust.
3. My industry knowledge is growing rapidly that I can handle senior clients and make them believe I am very experienced in the industry.
4. Fancy degrees only mean they are smarter charlatans.
5. In an era with too much accessible information to almost anyone, trying to do business by just talking will not work. People will only pay for real professionalism and expertise.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home